Oct 10, 2020

Lock down Diaries

Lock down diaries 

“Hay Cinderella…come here and sharpens my pencils”

My seven year old daughter called me in between her online classes; while I was busy in mopping the floor!.

I become little confused about the way she addressed me.

“why did you called me Cinderella!!!!, you may call me ‘Dady’ if you are following a British global curriculum , or you can call me ‘Acha’ ,,,if you like to follow the Kerala model…or ‘Appa’ if you are a supporter of ancient Dravidian culture ,,,but why Cinderella ?”

“Now you are the Cinderella of this house” she replied. 

“Then who are you?’’...I asked her.

“Don’t you know that…I am one of your step sister”…She laughed.

I changed the watery floor scrubber in the other hand and started to sharpen the pencil.

Lockdown had changed me to a ‘poor Cinderella'. I am waiting for the fairy Godmother to touch  with her magical wand and change me again to a well suited officer.

No comments: